This Week's Assignment:
Princeton Baptist Church was instituted in September 1889 with eight charter members. The church worshipped in an old vacant building on the edge of Princeton. On August 22, 1892 the church moved into a new wooden structure at the same location as the current sanctuary. In 1927, construction began that included six Sunday School rooms and parts of the church were remodeled and repainted. In November of 1950 plans were laid for a larger sanctuary. Construction of an educational building with eighteen Sunday School rooms was already underway and completed in 1951. First worship services in the new sanctuary were held on Sunday, February 7, 1954. In recent years numerous modifications have been made in the sanctuary as well as other parts of the facility.